ARCoM - Rotarians and Non-Rotarians are invited!
African Rotary Community Mediation (ARCoM) project has partnered with MBBI and Academics to provide a platform to establish a conflict prevention community mediation initiative which involves Rotarians and Non-Rotarians to deepen Rotary’s peace building work within and between communities.
We are looking for COMMUNITY LEADERS from your area who would like to apply to participate in this exiting project. The closing date for applications is 24th December 2020.
Information that relates to criteria for applicants can be found at:
We invite you to extend this invitation into your club members’ network, identify suitable candidates and help them to get connected.
BE A PEACEKEEPER - HERE IS WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A COMMUNITY MEDIATOR!
The criteria for Candidates to be invited to become Community Mediators for Africa.
The criteria that a candidate must satisfy to apply for this qualification are that they be:
1. A minimum of eighteen years of age;
2. Of any gender or race;
3. Resident in the area of the sponsoring club;
4. Able to report to club meetings and district from time to time;
5. Tied to and enjoy the respect of the community in which the mediation services are to be rendered (involvement in educational, business, church, sport, cultural, NGO or other organisations in the community will be an advantage);
6. Fluent in English and the language of the community in which the candidate will work (if not English);
7. Able to read and write fluently in English;
8. Able to access the internet (if needs be, access to be facilitated/provided by sponsoring club) to receive remote learning training;
9. Committed to or experienced in formal or informal mediation activities;
10. Able to travel to training centres in either Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban and be able to occasionally attend a three-day course;
11. In possession of a letter of reference from sponsoring Rotary Club President confirming compliance with the above criteria and supporting the candidate.
12. Committed to attending all sessions and able and willing to volunteer after the training has been completed.
Invite leaders in your community to participate in ARCoM project.
If you have a good candidate or several, please speak to your Club Presidents about forwarding the letter of invitation to potential candidates and getting them complete - the letter of invitation has been uploaded on the ClubRunner 9400 website and it can be completed online.
Please note you must log into ClubRunner to have access to this letter.
Thank you for your commitment to Rotary and its peace-building initiative. Please send any questions you may have to:
Reminder: closing dates for applications are 23 December 2020.